Yamaha Lagenda series
|Also called||Yamaha Jupiter MX|
|Predecessor||Yamaha SRX 100|
|Engine||110cc SOHC Air-cooled |
100cc SOHC Air-cooled
|Power||9.0 PS @ 8,000 rpm|
|Torque||9.2 N-m @ 5,000 rpm|
|Suspension||Front: Telescopic fork|
Rear: Absorber swingarm
The Yamaha Lagenda series contains 4 models:
- SR Lagenda 100cc - (also known as Lagenda First Model, discontinued) The SR Lagenda is the first model of the Lagenda series. Launched by a Japanese motorcycle racer Norifumi Abe, it was built as the successor of the Yamaha SRX 100.
- Lagenda 110cc - (discontinued, replaced by Lagenda Z) The Lagenda 110cc was simply the SR Lagenda with increased engine displacement. However, a few changes have been to the model, such as a more rigid chassis with slightly longer wheelbase and a more straight inlet tract from the carburetor to the inlet manifold, reducing the "puddling" effect. In motor sports, the Lagenda 110 has gained a very good reputation as a racing machine because the bike had won almost all podium position for every rounds during the Malaysian Cub Prix.
- Lagenda Z 110cc - (produced till now) The Lagenda Z is the facelifted version of the Lagenda 110cc and started production since 2005. The model is facelifted in January 2008, returning the former "Lagenda" logo from the Lagenda 110. The 2008 model is equipped with a key slot cover for better protection against theft.
- Lagenda ZR 110cc - (produced till now) A modified version of the Lagenda Z for those who prefer more sporty features. Prominent features include sport rims, electric starter, and the rear absorbers have extra oil canisters for a smoother ride on uneven roads. This model is only available in blue and has the exact same engine specification as the Lagenda Z.
Type = 4-stroke, air-cooled, 2-valve, SOHC
Displacement = 110.3 cm3
Bore x Stroke = 51.0 mm x 54.0 mm
Compression Ratio = 9.3:1
Maximum Power = 6.6 kW @ 8000 rpm
Maximum Torque = 9.0 N.m @ 5000 rpm
Starter = Kick starter (electric starter is included for Lagenda 110ZR)
Engine Oil Capacity = 1.0 litres
Fuel Tank Capacity = 4.5 litres
Carburetor = Mikuni VM17
Ignition System = CDi (capacitor discharge ignition)
Batery = 12V, 5AH
Cylinder Arrangement = Single cylinder
Type = Constant-mesh, 4-speed return
1st Gear Ratio = 3.166
2nd Gear Ratio = 1.941
3rd Gear Ratio = 1.380
4th Gear Ratio = 1.095
Clutch = Automatic, wet-multiple plate
Frame = Underbone
Overall Length = 1,910 mm
Width = 675 mm
Height = 1,040 mm
Seat Height = 760 mm
Wheel base = 1,230 mm
Minimum Ground Clearance = 130 mm
Front Tyre = 70/90-17 38P
Rear Tyre = 80/90-17 44P
Dry weight = 97 kg
Front Suspension = Telescopic
Rear Suspension = Swingram (extra oil canisters included for Lagenda 110ZR)
Front Brake = Disc
Rear Brake = Drum
The series are popular because of its fuel economy (up to 42.7 km/L at highway speeds) and design.
- "Yamaha Lagenda 110 Lebih Hebat", Roda-Roda, October 2003.